Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Assignment 1

The two pictures I decided to upload are of some ducks. I went down to a small pond near my house and was able to capture some ducks feeding and just hanging around. Also, the ducks are in their summer plumage so they are quite ugly at the moment. Some of the pictures turned out okay but I struggled when I switched the camera to Shutter Priority mode to attempt to stop the movement. For some reason the pictures did not turn out when I did that. Anyways, here are my two pictures. Also, I'm not sure if I did this assignment correctly because in my opinion, it all looks out of focus. I think I needed a 30-110 lens because a 30 just didn't cut it, which is why the pictures turned out poorly I'm guessing.
Attempt at getting all of the ducks in focus 
Attempt at getting only the middle duck in focus 
UPDATE: I went back this afternoon and was able to get a couple of better pictures that illustrate the assignment better.
In this photo, nearly the whole image is in focus.
 1/100 F5.6 ISO200
This is just a knot in a tree with not a whole lot in focus except for the knot.
S: 1/100 F3.5 ISO200



No comments:

Post a Comment